Friday, June 13, 2008

A House Guest


We had an unexpected house guest yesterday. I needed to take care of some business in the bathroom and when I turned on the light, I noticed something that was not there on a previous visit: a black snake about 3 feet long. Needless to say, I did not take care of the business I had intended but attended to the business at hand. Now, being a city boy, I really don't like snakes....but, I knew I had to get this one out ASAP.

Went my "office" to get my camera and a coat hanger. The battery was so low on the camera that I could not take a picture of our guest. I did manage to get it onto the coat hanger after several tries. As I moved the little step stool, the step fell on the snake which immediately went into a very defensive mode and hissed. As I was carrying it out on the hanger, it fell to the dinning room floor and scurried behind the buffet where it crawled to the door. I opened the door helping him out. Ah, the business at hand was over. Now, I could take care of business.

When I told my wife about it she indicated that perhaps that was what Cali, our cat, kept stalking under our bed. Now, I won't sleep for a month. :) We both agreed that the snake was in the bathroom because it "didn't have a pit to hiss in." ;)

No comments: