Friday, March 27, 2009

Assumptions

As a Christian minister [retired], I find some Christians to be arrogant in their assumptions of persons. By this, I mean they make a blanket statement that all persons who do not worship God the way they do are in need of salvation. It does not matter if these persons are members of a Christian congregation or not, they are still in need of salvation. How arrogant can one be? Who are we to decide who is a Christian or not? Did God suddenly pass away and put these folks in charge of the "judgment" and "salvation" departments?

Yes, I believe persons need to know Jesus Christ but, I do not assume that everyone I meet or have yet to meet are sinners in need of salvation. Some may be while others may not be. God will lead me to those who need to see and to hear of His unconditional love and acceptance. My daily prayer is that God will enable me to be His witness by word and deed and in so doing He will open the doors or lead me to persons who are in need of His help or salvation.

Let's assume one thing. Let's assume that God will use us as His instruments of unconditional love, acceptance, and forgiveness.

Have a great day rejoicing in the Lord.

Dr. Ron

No comments: