Sunday, May 3, 2009

High Cost of Being Handicap

The hydraulic lift has now been installed on my car. The total cost was almost as much as the motorized chair itself. Of course, had to take out a loan for the lift.

While at the shop where the lift was installed, I engaged in conversation with a man whose significant other is severely disabled. He told me her chair cost more than thirty thousand dollars. I did not ask if they received any financial assistance or not. But, I was blown away by the cost of just one chair to help a person become mobile.

Also, as I thumbed through magazines, I noticed ads for vans...some of which exceeded fifty thousand dollars. I would have been interested in one, however, fifty thousand dollars is more than I earn in 3 years.

I don't know where I'm headed with this post only to note that I am surprised by the high cost of being disabled or handicap

No comments: